Wholesale NFL Jerseys 14Wholes

Want to trade kite stuff? OR looking for something not mentioned in For Sale Forum? Why not request items here?

Moderator: Mat-Moo

Wholesale NFL Jerseys 14Wholes

Postby dueyrt1liZ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:14 am

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin might not mind that. No coach has been more proactive in going for 2-pointers earlier than the fourth quarter.
It's working well enough that other coaches could follow suit down the stretch this season. Don't be surprised to see teams going for the 2-pointers throughout preseason games next summer, either, to work on the kinks.
"All year I've been waiting for that game-tying PAT because it's not a PAT anymore, it's a field goal," said Dawson, 40. "So I knew there was going to be a point in the season where we were down seven, we were going to score a dramatic touchdown late in the game, and I was going to have to go out and make what's now a field goal to tie it.
The NFL is getting what it wanted, with drama added to the lengthier extra points this season.
As weather has more impact and the critical nature of each game increases, the 2-point conversion might even become more of a factor. Yes, coaches could be scared off on windy, snowy or frigid days from trying the 33-yard kick in favor of the far more intriguing 2-pointer.
"Yeah, they wanted us to miss," he says of the rule-makers. "Frankly, that's what they wanted, and they're getting it. And now everyone wonders why. ... They wanted it more difficult, and it is. And now, no one's complaining why — well, except for players and coaches and everybody who relies on that one point.
They are 17 of 26 going for the 2 under Tomlin, including 7 of 10 this season.
Still, the NFL could have done worse by the kickers.
San Francisco's Phil Dawson, one of the league's all-time best kickers,Brandon Doughty Dolphins Jersey, saw his first PAT attempt in Sunday's 26-20 overtime win at Chicago blocked for his first miss of the year. A later kick tied the game and got through despite being tipped.
"You definitely have a different mindset than before," Myers says of the extra points. "It's not like the old days where you can just pop it through."
Some other teams and kickers who have not been getting it right as often with the longer PAT kicks are: Oakland, which has another reliable veteran in Sebastian Janikowski, who missed one last Sunday after 225 straight makes; Kansas City, with strong-legged Cairo Santos, who has missed twice, including in the same game as Janikowski last weekend; Arizona, as Chandler Catanzaro has failed three times; Buffalo, where veteran Dan Carpenter has missed four; Carolina, with Graham Gano having three misses; Detroit, where Matt Prater has failed on three kicks; Miami, as rookie Andrew Franks has missed three; Minnesota, three flops for Blair Walsh; San Diego, three misses for rookie Josh Lambo; and Seattle, three for Steven Hauschka.

"I mean, they wanted people to not go to the bathroom during the extra point. Well, so people are still saying they're going to the bathroom during the extra point. Sometimes they come back and the point's not there."
Jacksonville's Jason Myers, a first-year player from Marist, has failed on six. With Blake Bortles improving and two top notch receivers in the Allens (Robinson and Hurns), perhaps the 2-pointer is safer for the Jaguars.
Carpenter, now in his eighth pro season, had missed all of two before the change in distance.
"So, I was interested to see how I would feel in that situation. So there was the buildup, and on top of that take the conditions of Chicago and given what had happened on the first PAT, I just think it was a mixture of a lot of stuff going out there. No one else in the stadium thinks twice about it. But for me and the way I approach it, I was pretty proud of being able to get that through."
"It's a feel thing because there's a lot we don't know until we get into the stadium," Tomlin says. "As we start to play, particularly during touchdown drives, we have an inclination of what (an opponent's) personality is. All of those things carry weight."
His coach, Gus Bradley, hints that maybe it's a concentration issue with Myers.
Even the Colts' Adam Vinatieri, the best kicker of his generation, has two misses. Before this year, he had failed on a total of eight in 19 seasons.
Only in two weeks was perfection approached, with just one botched PAT kick in Weeks 5 and 9. The numbers for extra-point kicks the last two weeks were somewhat scary: eight misses in each week. The last time so many failed in one week was in 1985.
"I trust him in field goals," says Bradley, noting that Myers has made 22 of 26, including a 58-yarder. "I think compared to other people that have been here in their career, if he continues that, that would be a good number. But it's the extra points. His percentage drops, so that's the part that we need to get right."
The Steelers set an NFL record for 2-point conversions in a season with their seventh last Sunday night against Indianapolis. They have spread them around: star receiver Antonio Brown has two, running back DeAngelo Williams, wideout Markus Wheaton, tight ends Jesse James and Heath Miller, and fullback Will Johnson have one each.
"It's not threatening," Carpenter says. "I think it would be more threatening if they just got rid of it."
So do all of those missed PAT kicks around the league: 57 and counting.
Pittsburgh made a conscious decision to look at the 2-pointers in the offseason. The Steelers have a drill called "Seven Shots" during most practices: seven snaps from the 2-yard line, a chance for both the offense and defense to work on their 2-point game.
Still, such situations could give pause to coaching staffs, particularly those with inconsistent kickers.
dueyrt1liZ

Return to Wanted