Pansh water-relaunchable?

Read about PANSH Sponsorship...

Pansh water-relaunchable?

Postby windlord » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:54 pm

Hi Panshfans,

I just received my latest order, a Blaze II 5+10, such great kites!! I also requested a prototype, either a Laundry or "something new". I got the latter. What is it?

A 3.2 m² water relaunchable kite!!!
Dimensions (flat): Span: 3.60m, Chord: 1.10m, Area: 3.2m2 (estimate). The profile has a very recognizable round underbelly unlike any of the other PANSH kites. It is silver gray with 2 one-way inlets and a belly zipper to empty it. Unfortunately it is fixed bridle, though I will definately try to convert it to depower soon. The material does not have the same type of ripstop pattern, perhaps a waterproofed material.

First comments (details):

The belly zipper is very fine and smooth but jams easily because the nylon seam edges were not heat cut and are already frayed. I would suggest to PANSH to heat seam the edges and leave long seams on the inside that internal pressure will clamp shut like the inlet valves (I used this on my water kites and it works well).

The hairdryer test revealed that the kite does not keep internal pressure very long, so the relaunch window on a small kite like this will be limited. On larger kites, this will be less an issue. I would suggest that every effort possible to ensure airtightness should be considered (material type, needle and thread size, seam allowances,...). This will avoid long waits after relaunch to repressure the kite.

Because this is an airtight water kite, blowout protection would be an important feature to have. It can be as simple as velcro closures in the trailing edge seam that will rip open under pressure. These could also serve to clean out sand.

I am looking forward to testing it (as soon as I get some wind!). Spring is here a full month earlier (global warming?) so the lake is melting fast. I should be able to test water relaunching techniques very soon in the deep puddles, if not an open lake.

Cheers,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by windlord on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul,
St-Augustin (Quebec City), Canada
windlord

Re: Pansh water-relaunchable?

Postby simo1432 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:15 am

looks very interesting reminds me of my hq neo.
simo1432
Individual Testing Pilot

Postby Custheyder » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:23 pm

Now there is something totally new! ... I'm very interested to hear how it performs in the gusty conditions for snow kiting, how easily it inflates and how well it holds it's pressure. There are so many variables with closed cell kites to consider. I'm not sure I'd want to stick it in the water with two way inlets but as a gust munching inland kite there is certainly potential!

....now hurry up and get out there to fly it! ... We want to know!

Cust.
Pansh Kites cost less in the UK from the Official eBay UK Shop
Custheyder
Individual Testing Pilots & Moderators

Postby papalazaro » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:09 pm

looks like an arc idea could be very good would love to try one on the skimbnoard
papalazaro

Postby windlord » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:27 am

I tested the silver prototype today, probably the last kiteskiing day this year :-( There was close to 6 inches of water over the ice in certain spots. Wind conditions were very rough, nasty NE 20-60 km very gusty and shifty.

The kite handled remarkably well in these gusty conditions. It would often overfly after strong gust, but never dived, just settled back. It did not seem to point well, but perhaps it is line drag in strong wind that is reponsible since the kite is so small in proportion. Pull and accelerations were impressive for such a litle kite, though I admit, it is my first time out with something less than 6m2. After a few wild reaches, I was abled to edge back upwind without too much effort, so I guess pointing ability is fine.

I doused it in deep water areas, nose up, nose down, folded, flipped, on it's back, you name it. No matter how I tried to nail it, I was always able to relaunch it, either backwards, flipping it over for a straight relaunch, or skittering it folded out to the windows edge to relaunch it easy. It never picked up any water, not once. It always kept enough air to float and pressure built up almost immediately once relaunched. When the fabric is wet, it gains airtightness.

An inflated kite like this wants to relaunch all the time and parking it is no easy task. Tail down full brakes is ok, but nose down seems to be more stable, pulls less. Gusts tend to flip it around and relaunch it, so one must be careful, one hand on a line when walking down to kill it. This is not like a open inlet kite that collapses flat, it has a mind of it's own, with all the advantages that come with it too (relaunch on water). You have to to handle it more like a LEI kite on the ground.

Now parking it nose down in gusty 60 clicks is not easy. It can hammer easily and there are no open vents to spill the overpressure at present. So, BLOW-OUT PROTECTION IS A MUST HAVE!!! Construction must be extra robust, extra wide D-Ribs are a good idea (yes, it had d-ribs), avoid BIG holes in ribs that can pop. If I were Pansh, I would nail one hard and find where it blows, fix that and go at it again until all the weak links are found. Then add the blow out protection just 2b safe.

DEPOWER IS A MUST. If the profiles are autostable (never develop negative moments and dive when BCD full loose), it can be full depower kite so we can ride overpowered and have good reserve for jumping. Huge potential 4 fun IMHO.

Filmed with my gopro, so I can post a private or public video if you want.

Paul.
Unofficial Pansh tester

Yup, I think it's a keeper.
Last edited by windlord on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul,
windlord

Postby acmbarber » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:54 am

Sweet review. I am looking forward to summer kiting and this sounds like something very different to try form Pansh. Where does it pull in the window, any chances of jumping with it?
Pansh Ace: 5m, Flux: 2m, 4m
PL: Twister 2 7.7m
acmbarber

Postby Custheyder » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:11 am

Very interesting review. I have to admit that I was surprised that the kite did not fill with water. How long was it in the drink before recovery?
Custheyder

Postby windlord » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:19 am

Hi Panshfans,

The kite does not point very high in the wind, but good enough to make headway upwind. It is hard to say if it would be a good jumper with such a small prototype. It is very lifty for it's size, so I would be inclined to say yes.

Here is a short video of my test run: http://youtu.be/je86W7TqBZY
Sorry, it is pretty amateur. Conditions were dangerous with water, deep slush and shell ice. Winds were 20-60km gusty and shifty, so it is shaky to say the least. I edited out the face plant when my skis dove under the ice, with a not so eloquent sound track that followed therafter ;-)

I could have left the kite a long time in the puddles and it would relaunch ok I think. It deflates a bit and stays limp, but takes off easily and reinflates tight very fast. In deep water with waves, it may be another matter however, especially if lying flat out (rare) or folded flat on it's side at the window's edge (often).

You can see that the kite does not fly fully overhead, tends to overfly in gusts and set back quite a lot, but that can be trim too, it's an early prototype. With a depower bridle and reduced AoA, it might move right up to the edge, provided it does not collapse or course. Will try it soon and let you know.
Last edited by windlord on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul,
windlord

Postby Custheyder » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:55 am

Nice video, but it's not really a water test. Drop it inn the sea or on a choppy lake. Then lets see if it takes on any water. I drop my powerkites, infrequently, in puddles like that on the beach without a problem, but I wouldn't want to land one of them in the sea!

Still an interesting kite, just not sure of the validity of the water test and question the effectiveness of the two way valves in an open water scenario.

Cust.
Custheyder

Postby windlord » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Thank you Cust,

The puddles ran 2-6 inches deep. No waves or chop, I agree.
On the other, how do others with inlet valves do on water? If they take on water, this one may also. This will have to be tested.
Drainage channels in the TE may be a good idea then.

I got some feedback from PANSH this morning:
"We would like it to be used on water or snow. It is a training kite for beginners."
"Thank you very much for your passion if testing. We are looking forward to your test report."

SNOW.
Personally, I prefer open vent kites on snow. In a wind squall, you can kill it flat. Much less risk of relaunch when walking the lines. On blue ice, you can drive in a ice screw, but on snow, not much to anchor to. One-way inflatables are like Energize Wabbits On Speed, they can relauch all the time, to the point of wanting a fifth line system. Parked, these kites slide around in the gusts, which can causes undue abrasion, especially old snow (ice granules or "knobbies"). I dunno...

On the other hand, open vent is totally useless on water. In this sense, it is a great compromise for all year use. OK, I agree, with precautions.

WATER.
Simple, light, compact, no valves, no bladders, no pumps. Lifty double surface airfoils. Much more responsive than BOWs.
Not a word to say more. Way cool.

IMHO, a trainer is the tip of the iceberg, train for what? Answer: The real McCoy.
If PANSH is working on a trainer, there are no doubt higher performance models in progress. You do not need depower on a trainer, a basic and tolerant low cost model.
If the trainer is already this interesting, I can imagine what's next... I am not excited, I am very excited.

I would just LOVE to test a big version (6m2..12m2) of the real deal on water. Lakes will open up soon, May-November typically.
If PANSH is looking for guiney pigs, I apply ;-)
Last edited by windlord on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul,
windlord

Postby papalazaro » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:27 pm

looks good behaves a bit like an arc on the ground you need to get the lines slack to keep it on the ground and weigh the kite down. do you think it would work as a three line kite on a bar front lines for steering and the brakes going from 2 lines at the kite to one centre line at the bar. in theory you can control the brake by sheeting the bar out then kill the power using a leash type of saftey to flag the brakes out.

would love to try a bigger one rigged for depower to cross compare with my arcs
papalazaro

Postby windlord » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi Papalazaro,

Three lines would work. That is a great idea about steering with the flying lines, not only good for safety, but balancing line tensions as well.

You ride PL ARCs? You should like this, dates back from F-Arc days, it is my homemade 12m2 arche, with custom profiles designed in X-Foil. AR 6.4, 9 meter span or so, North waterproof fabric (2nds), taped seams for waterproofing, (3) 440kg spectra reinforcing lines, carbon tube wintip spars,...was the last one I built (a lot of work!).

Two problems though.
1. The inlet valves are no good (almond shaped with porch screen). Have to pre-inflate to fly. I made a "gust bucket" for that (plastic pail with 12v drill battery and 6 in car fan. Inflates in less than one minute. I much prefer how PANSH made their vents, they work really well. I may modify my arche that way if it is not too complicated.
2. The profile is 12%, should have been 14-16% according to PL. As a result, it lacks "body" and tends to bowtie if you are not careful, game over. On the other hand, it is wicked scary fast. Unless the wind is less than 20km, you simply don't want to go in the power window, or you might just leave a widow.
Lift is incredible. Auto-zenith, just hangs there no hands, forever if the wind is steady.

I hope this water/snow series (if there is one) for which the trainer prototype was designed to train for comes out fast. It would be tempting to design and build my dream kite, but I am only dreaming again... The problem with homebuilts is that you spend too much time tinkering while everybody else is flying. When you buy a finished product, well, at least it is finished. When you consider the value (quality/price), PANSH is hard to beat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul,
windlord

Postby Custheyder » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:31 am

I owned three Flysurfers including a Speed II, I have also owned Peter Lynn Venoms. The Venoms and Speed had a one way vents. They let the air in but not out again. In this way they stay inflated much more easily than an two way vented kite will.

On water, they take tiny amounts of water unless the vents are properly swamped by waves. However they maintain their pressure very well because of the one way vents and the water is efficiently channelled and drained out by the internal design. I would very much question the statement that this Pansh kite will be "no better, no worse" without some proper testing. Unless you have flown Flysurfer or Peter Lynn kites on water please be careful about making assumptions.

Don't get me wrong I am a very serious Pansh supporter but I have lived through this sort of comment before. The "anti's" will latch onto untested comments and make a huge deal out of them. Using the comments to ridicle and undermine the valid points. I hope you understand that I am not attacking you personally, rather I'm trying to save you from future problems that might arrise.

Love your home made kite it looks very good indeed.
Custheyder

Postby windlord » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Dear Cust,

I am also a serious PANSH supporter and I appreciate your comment. I will try to remember this and act accordingly. Thanks for the cue.

I will try 3 lines soon, brakes and flying lines. I want to see what would be best for flagging out when we ditch the bar.
In month or so I should be able to test in waves.

Fun little kite, very lively and responsive. With a blowout port (velcro on TE seam), it will be great for training my friends.

Cheers.
Paul,
windlord

Postby papalazaro » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:16 pm

arcs yup i fly arcs now still have my blaze II depower for the buggy great kite but not lifty enough for boarding. i have a 16m v1 and a 10m vII both great kites did a bit of thinking the other day and listed all my kites quite scary really.
1.8m exit
2m legend
2m flux
3m radsail
3m ace
4m ace
4m flux
4.5m legend
4.5m ace
4.7m flux
5M frenzy 03
5.5m legend
7m blaze
7m blaze II
8.5m blaze (never liked this )
10m access 2
10m venom 2
13m guerilla
16m venom 1
17m fuel. 04 model

not bad as i have been kiting since 07 and i don't have many left now
papalazaro

Postby windlord » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:31 pm

Yikes! That's a vast quiver! Some day you should open a museum!

I had a nice surprise with the prototype. I manually filled the inlet ports with some water, and guess what, they channel to the wingtips where water seeps out. When I looked closer I found two very discrete velcro closures. The water leaks out through there. I do not think that they are large enough to act as anti-blowouts however.

Can you explain what you recommended for three lines? If I join the brakes on one line to the chicken loop, the flying lines should cross to opposite bar ends, correct? Also, I presume I have to have a pulley on the brake lines to reverse the action, correct? If you have some reference for that I can put it together no problem.

Cheers. Thanks.
Paul,
windlord

Excellent handling in gusty conditions

Postby windlord » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:06 pm

For those who asked about handling in gusty conditions, I had the prototype out in a feild in winds gusting 20-60km, most shifty (+/- 60 degrees), unstable, frequent overflies of 30 degrees or more past zenith (strong upward drafts).

The prototype with it's closed cell design handled the unstable wind extremely well, much better than my 5m2 Blaze II that I had out. I am coming around to appreciate the virtues of the closed cell design. It keeps it's shape, collapses much less in bad situations (overflies from windshifts for example) and is much easier to recuperate. It rarely bowties or tangles.

I do not have a vast experience like many of you ou there, but I find this little 3.2m2 kite quite fast, powerful and lifty. I was lifted several times.

The kite parks well nose up or nose down. Tends to fold a bit when attempting nose down landings on the edge of the window however (not as rigid as a LEI), but by running upwind a bit it parks OK. Reverse flying is good (though steering is a bit hard in such winds). Reverse takeoffs are fine.

Inflation is fast even with the belly zipper and wingtip dirt outs fully open (it can actually flies perfectly well like that).

I was initiating someone today and for this purpose this kite is great. In a wind squawl he lost it and went right into the power window, dropping a handle, the kite proceeded to windmill bigtime. So I grabbed a brake line and the kite flagged out immediately and coasted down no problem without any further rotation. Not bad. We packed it in right there though, conditions degrading. I will test a 3 line bar soon and flagging with 2 brake lines to see what is best.

I originally had some reservations about a closed cell kite design for kite skiing, but I take all that back now (paradygm shift). I think all the elements are there for something most promising for snow, stability, speed, power, lift. Regarding water, I will be dousing it in chop as soon as the lake sinks to see if it takes on water and how it gets rid of it. I can also do tests on the St-Lawrence river in waves.

Hats off to PANSH. Good work. Cheers to all.
Paul,
windlord

Postby Squarehead666 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:35 am

Looks interesting.....Kind of reminiscent of the PL Waterfoil. 8-)
The Monkeys Are Going To The Stars!

On Loan:
-

In The Bag:
2m Flux
4m Flux

(plus one or two non-Pansh kites)

Worcester Kite Monkeys - "Dodging sheep s**t & flinging our own!"
Squarehead666

Postby Custheyder » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:53 am

Great stuff.... keep up the enthusiasm! I'm watching and listening while enjoying how your testing is proceeding.
Custheyder

Postby windlord » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi PANSH enthusiasts out there,

Great testing session the other day, ideal winds moderate and very smooth. I tried out many things:
- 4 line 40m with 100cm bar. Not good, lines too long, too much drag and sag on brake lines. I had to prime the kite often and grap and tug brake lines to turn.
- 4 line 20m lines, 50cm bar. Much better, but that bar was too short. This kite is much less responsive with a bar than handles.
- 3 lines with v bridled at kite on flying lines. Same as preceeding but with added issue, wing closes up a bit (v was too short), folds on window edge.
- 4 lines with handles a pure joy and fun to just play with and do precision moves and passes.

Obviously the bridle for this kite is designed for handle use. Hmmm. If the kite is a snow/water trainer for closed cell depower kites, it would be logical to me to design the bridle for bar use, not handle use. A depower bridle would be nice to demonstrate depower, but that could be taught at next level of course, with a bigger kite wih depower. On the other hand, a depower bridle could help improve the steering when using a bar, since the whole AoA changes (B-C-D), not just cupping the TE with brakes (D) for drag. I submit this idea to the PANSH R&D and MKT people in terms of where they want to position this kite and offer.

If I could make a suggestion, this is how I would see this kite: a nice economical starter bundle with the kite, (3) lines, a bar, a safety leash for flagging out, ready to fly right out of the bag. The bar would be factory set to go from full depower, to trim, to fully powered up, to reverse flying to park (perhaps with markings on the chicken loop line). A training 1-2-3 training video could safely show newbies (without access to teachers) how to get started enjoying PANSH kites. I think this would be a great marketing tool for PANSH.

With respect to testing this prototype with a depower bridle, I would have to rebridle it completely (impossible the way it is done presently). I can post a sketch of the bridle if you folks could comment and make suggestions.

Cheers,

Paul.
Paul,
windlord

Postby windlord » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:15 pm

"Looks interesting.....Kind of reminiscent of the PL Waterfoil. 8-) "

Perhaps. The shape is somewhat similar, but the bridling is completely different, much simpler (less drag too). The kite you mention appears to have a very complex full cross bridle. Q: Was it a depower kite or a fixed bridle?

Also, in comparison, the shape of the PANSH is much nicer, less billowing of the cells in flight. On the PANSH there are two rows of d-ribs on the B & C lines that are very well calibrated and the overal shape is very smooth.

With handles, the PANSH breaks at center since it does not have cross bridles (other than the centreline). This would not happen with a bar, the flying lines are normally linked at the bar. With handles, this "cosmetic" flaw does not appear to affect flying in any way.

Paul
Paul,
windlord

Postby Superman » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:25 am

fly over the fountain.jpg

The kite flying over the fountain. :D

flying.jpg

flying2.jpg
Superman
Site Admin

Postby acmbarber » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:53 pm

That is the most unique flying spaces I have seen. Looks great for a hot day.

Cool kite too.
Pansh Ace: 5m, Flux: 2m, 4m
PL: Twister 2 7.7m
acmbarber

Postby windlord » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:10 pm

Thanks for this posting Superman.
Wow. That is truly amazing, spectacular. Did you actually fly through the fountain?
Where is this?

The broad stroke red/white pattern of this new prototype is very nice. Is this new prototype a small 3.2m2 trainer or a larger power kite?

It appears to be a fixed bridle design. Were you flying with handles or a bar? How did you find it control?
Paul,
windlord

Postby papalazaro » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:19 pm

loving the design reminds me of a fish???? would love to get my hands on one to test even more so if you could make it a depower
papalazaro

Postby Humage » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:09 am

Holy smack,

I turn my back on PANSH for 2 months (winter time), and this is what happens?!?!? I have to check the forum more regularly! :D

Impressive, the choice to make a water relaunchable foil seems pretty daring to me. But I am impressed with the early results.

Awesome to see this kind of progress.

Kites I do own
Radsails Pro 2.4
Radsails Savage 4.5
Pansh Flux (Prototype)4.0/6.0
Pansh Flux 3.0
Pansh Ace 5.0
Pansh Sprint 2.8/5.0/7.4
Humage

Location: That little spot on the globe called the Netherlands

Postby Humage » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:10 am

If that red/white kite skin is also applied to the non-special-edition Flux. Then I will put my money aside for a while, because that kite looks SWEET!

Kites I do own
Radsails Pro 2.4
Radsails Savage 4.5
Pansh Flux 3.0
Pansh Ace 5.0
Pansh Sprint 2.8/5.0/7.4
Humage

Postby Squarehead666 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:28 pm

So who do we have to pester to try one of these out? :mrgreen:

On Loan:
-

In The Bag:
2m Flux
4m Flux

Squarehead666

Postby Ian.H » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:33 am

Defiantly one good looking kite for the looks alone, I will go along as well as say the fish design looks good if that's what it's supposed to be......going by the pictures this must be 5m size at least 12ft across.

A new design for the people who thought Pansh was a bit quiet ;) ,
Is this going into production or are people going to try it out first ? if so put my name down for giving this a good try out ;)

Thanks Superman for showing us the pictures :D
Ian.H

Postby Humage » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:25 am

Ian.H wrote:Defiantly one good looking kite for the looks alone, I will go along as well as say the fish design looks good if that's what it's supposed to be

Following logic statement applied to my purchase behavior at Pansh

sub purchase_flux

while(@money_in_pocket[0] != undef)
{
if (($fluxspecialedition > $modelrange+1) && ($designvariations > $modelrange))

{
$pansh_webshop= shift(@money_in_pocket);
$kites++;
return($kites);
}

}

Kites I do own
Radsails Pro 2.4
Radsails Savage 4.5
Pansh Flux 3.0
Pansh Ace 5.0
Pansh Sprint 2.8/5.0/7.4
Humage

Postby Squarehead666 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:40 am

Yeah me too.....I think! ;)

On Loan:
-

In The Bag:
2m Flux
4m Flux

Squarehead666

Postby Custheyder » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Love the design. Looks like "PANSH" across the none flier side. Still not quite sure the market it is aimed at. Snowkite and water like their depower. Perhaps that's the next step.
Custheyder

Postby youngged » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Looks like Pansh are moving things on a bit, maybe get some more developments on the race kites as they still need improving to be competative.

Nice to see things going in the right direction :D
PL Vapors 2.3 - 13m
TEAM ISSUE SPRINTS 1.9- 12.5
FIRST 6.1m
FLUX 1.4m,2m and 4.7m

ACE 5m and 12m
PtP organiser for WSYC
Ozone Imp 1m
Tornado Mk 1.75 on Eurotrax or disks
youngged
UK Racing Team

Postby windlord » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi there,

Superman, what size is the kite you got? Is it a 5m2 or so? The one I got was a small 3.2m2 trainer. Yours also appears to have the same fixed bridle. Hummmm.

I ran a numer of tests on the kite, using handles, short bar and long bar, 4 lines and 3 lines with a V bridle. The kite looses a lot of response when using a bar, there is no doubt about it. When the two flying lines are linked, ABC are all fixed, and so the kite gets pigheaded with only the D (brakes) to work with. I jury rigged a flying line spread on the bar (opposite of the brakes) and the kite gets responsive again. So, the way the bridle is done at present is not well suited for a bar and flying lines going to a chicken loop. With handles, no problemo, pure fun.

With a depower bridle, the whole wing warps (ABCD), so it would be so much more responsive.

"Looks like a Fish"? Like a Koi Carp? I like too.
Paul,
windlord

Postby Ian.H » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:41 am

windlord wrote:"Looks like a Fish"? Like a Koi Carp? I like too.

I keep Koi carp in my pond so know what you mean ;)
Ian.H

Postby Squarehead666 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:32 am

That's exactly what I thought of when I saw the design too.....Very nice looking kite! :mrgreen:

Can we play with it please? :P

TIA & All the best
Andy S.

On Loan:
-

In The Bag:
2m Flux
4m Flux

Squarehead666

Postby Superman » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:09 am

I got more pics. :) The kite is a 4m one.

IMG_6612.jpg

IMG_6732.jpg

IMG_6768.jpg

IMG_6996.jpg

Flying flying flying... :D
Superman
Site Admin

Postby Superman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:20 am

Something has changed on this one. Can you tell the difference? What does it look like now? :D :lol:

ME-Superman!
IMG_7389.jpg

IMG_7340.jpg

IMG_7677.jpg

IMG_7508.jpg

IMG_7479.jpg
Superman
Site Admin

Postby Squarehead666 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:13 pm

If you used black rather than red I reckon It'd look very much like an Orca.....Really cool looking kite, can we PtP it please? :P

Seriously, if this kite flies as well as a Flux and retains those looks it'll be another winner.....Really promising stuff. 8-)

On Loan:
-

In The Bag:
2m Flux
4m Flux

Squarehead666

Postby Superman » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:43 pm

Squarehead666 wrote:If you used black rather than red I reckon It'd look very much like an Orca.....Really cool looking kite, can we PtP it please? :P

Seriously, if this kite flies as well as a Flux and retains those looks it'll be another winner.....Really promising stuff. 8-)

You are right. This kite is developed based on Flux kite. It keeps all the good advantages of Flux kite. You will know when you fly it.
We all call him Adam. Please, Please cannot you tell what it look like!? The one who can tell will be the winner, and he/she will get A FREE ADAM kite! :lol:
Superman
Site Admin

Postby youngged » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Could it be one of those flying fish ???
PL Vapors 2.3 - 13m
TEAM ISSUE SPRINTS 1.9- 12.5
FIRST 6.1m
FLUX 1.4m,2m and 4.7m

ACE 5m and 12m
PtP organiser for WSYC
Ozone Imp 1m
Tornado Mk 1.75 on Eurotrax or disks
youngged
UK Racing Team

Postby Ian.H » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Looks like a crab with the inlets as the eyes as they are black now, and showing one of its big claws. :P
Ian.H

Postby tvrgreg » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:35 pm

long shot, adam ant :lol:
tvrgreg

Postby papalazaro » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:13 pm

adam the red penquin
papalazaro

Postby Squarehead666 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:20 pm

Hmmm.....I still think it looks more like a Killer Whale jumping:

Orca would be a brilliant name for a water-kite too! 8-)

Just my (extra) 2p, all the best
Andy S.
PS - Good to see Pansh posting here again, hard to keep things going without input from the top.....So how's about you guys spill the beans on the potential Ace replacement you have in the pipeline too? :P

On Loan:
-

In The Bag:
2m Flux
4m Flux

Squarehead666

Postby papalazaro » Wed May 02, 2012 10:31 am

im sooo wanting the ace depower but pansh have appeared to have forgotten that i am on the proto team judging by the last email i got :(
papalazaro

Postby Superman » Mon May 07, 2012 12:09 pm

:D :D flying flying...
Superman
Site Admin

Postby Superman » Wed May 09, 2012 3:49 am

Somebody will get the an Adam kite when it comes to panshkite.com. Any more ideas? ;)
Superman
Site Admin

Postby davep_muddy » Wed May 09, 2012 6:28 am

It looks like either a dolphin, baracudda or a tuna - leaping out of the water.

nice colour scheme by the way.

Dave
In the boot:
2m Legends in Blue and Pink
3m Legend in Blue
4.5m Ace
HQ Beamer III 3m and various Radsails
davep_muddy

Postby themountain » Thu May 10, 2012 10:41 am

Instead of "Flux" I would call it the "Surf"...everybody knows immidiately what its made for :D
themountain

Postby Squarehead666 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:39 pm

Is it OK to post one of these pictures of the Adam on another forum (Kitecrowd).....The new Fluxes already seem to be getting a lot of attention (by Kitecrowd standards) and as this great looking kite is sure to be better priced than the HQ Hydra or Peter Lynn Impulse TR (its only real competition as I see it) I suspect it will generate even more interest.

http://forum.kitecrowd.com/newcomers-q/new-2012-pansh-flux-looks-good-202601.html

Just a thought, all the best
Andy S.

On Loan:
-

In The Bag:
2m Flux
4m Flux

Squarehead666

Postby themountain » Fri May 11, 2012 11:22 am

Will it be offered as a trainer with a bar ?? Certainly a good new product!
themountain

Postby Superman » Mon May 14, 2012 2:25 am

Squarehead666 wrote:Is it OK to post one of these pictures of the Adam on another forum (Kitecrowd).....The new Fluxes already seem to be getting a lot of attention (by Kitecrowd standards) and as this great looking kite is sure to be better priced than the HQ Hydra or Peter Lynn Impulse TR (its only real competition as I see it) I suspect it will generate even more interest.

http://forum.kitecrowd.com/newcomers-q/new-2012-pansh-flux-looks-good-202601.html

Andy S.

Definitely, I think it is a good idea to post Adam on the other forums. Am sure more poeple know it more people would love it. :D
Superman
Site Admin

Postby Superman » Mon May 21, 2012 1:15 am

Hi jamieb158, please pm me your address and contact phone number. BTW, I am surprised that you like doing Tai Chi :!:
Superman
Site Admin

Postby nudge » Mon May 21, 2012 8:49 am

themountain wrote:Will it be offered as a trainer with a bar ?? Certainly a good new product!

Why on a de-power? So many other companies do a closed cell on a de-power, no other company has got a fixed bridle on a closed cell format. I know personally there has been times I have opted not to fly due to damp conditions or if the weather itself is damp. If I had something like this in my quiver then I would be able to fly. If it was on a bar I wouldnt have any interest in it as I dont like de-power. This is a first for any company and good that its come from Pansh. Such a kite would give advantages over other brands. Also would make a great alternative kite for snow kiting.
nudge
Individual Testing Pilot

Postby Squarehead666 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:14 pm

jamieb158 wrote:oh boy, im not gonna sleep til it arrives now, so excited... last thing i won was probably a local cub scout raffle about 15 years ago.

You spawny git! :mrgreen:

Please let us know how you get on with the kite when you get it. :idea:

nudge wrote:So many other companies do a closed cell on a de-power, no other company has got a fixed bridle on a closed cell format. I know personally there has been times I have opted not to fly due to damp conditions or if the weather itself is damp. If I had something like this in my quiver then I would be able to fly. If it was on a bar I wouldnt have any interest in it as I dont like de-power. This is a first for any company and good that its come from Pansh. Such a kite would give advantages over other brands. Also would make a great alternative kite for snow kiting.

MAC Para did the Neptun, but it's not really a trainer. :o

To be fair it was me that made the comparison with the various trainers initially, I was mostly comparing it with the HQ Hydra.....I've been interested in that kite for exactly the same reasons you describe, but was put off by the three line format, so personally I'm very pleased to see the Lobster is a four line kite too. 8-)

Surely however it would make a lot of sense to also make the kite available on a bar given its potential as a trainer kite for those intending to head out onto the water? :idea:

Andy S.

On Loan:
-

In The Bag:
2m Flux
4m Flux

Squarehead666

Postby nudge » Mon May 21, 2012 7:31 pm

I think it would all depend on how this kite is marketed. Personally I see it being a kite used in snow kiting and as a general being able to fly in the wet. I dont think I would want to take any foil or twin skin onto the water, would be too much drag and just not really nice to fly. Lets face it how many twin skins are seen on the water over LEI?

I still think stick to the handles and be daring and have something totally different to what the current market is and be a leader not a follower.

One thing I would change (sorry superman) is the name. Would prefer to see something more water based personally. Something like H2X or somthing of that nature

Can you imagine being on the beach, someone says "cool kite what is it? " "Its Adam's kite" "oh what kite does Adam fly then?" "no it mine not Adam's" "But you said it was Adam's" Oh the confusion!! :lol:
nudge
Individual Testing Pilot

Postby Squarehead666 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Presumably for snowkiting you'd be flying on a captive system with a strop? :?:

This really is an interesting kite guys.....Please, please can we PtP it? :idea:

I'd agree that the kite needs a new name too.....Competition time? :idea:

On Loan:
-

In The Bag:
2m Flux
4m Flux

Squarehead666

Postby nudge » Mon May 21, 2012 9:22 pm

yes or a buggy engine, thats just an alternative to a de-power. If this was a de-power I wouldnt be interested. However as a fixed bridle, Ill get the cheque book out!
nudge
Individual Testing Pilot

Postby themountain » Tue May 22, 2012 6:07 pm

nudge wrote:
themountain wrote: If it was on a bar I wouldnt have any interest in it as I dont like de-power.

Who said a word about "depower"..?? None of the trainers are depower kites as far as I remember(Quark,IMP,Hydra,etc) :lol:
themountain

Next

Return to Pansh Sponsorship Program